I've got 99 Problems

Aye. I have always loved Ted talks, and because this is a conglomerate of things, articles and ideas that I love I really need to put this up here.
"Early in her acting career, Maysoon Zayid realized she'd get a lot more stage time if she showed off how funny she was. As she told the BBC, "It became very obvious to me that in the United States of America, a fluffy ethnic disabled chick was never going to get a job unless she did stand-up. 
A Palestinian woman from New Jersey, Zayid jokes about her family, global culture, and her life with cerebral palsy. She spends several months of the year in the Palestinian Territories running workshops for disabled and orphaned kids in refugee camps, using art to help them deal with trauma. And yes -- if you're an Adam Sandler fan, you'll recognize Zayid as the woman behind the beauty-shop counter in You Don't Mess With the Zohan." - Ted.com  
She is so inspiring, so amazing, not to mention, heaps funny; she has faced adversity beyond mesure and is still standing tall. So here is her video. Enjoy.
P.S It's downloaded from the Ted Talks website 
LC

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Fellow Bloggers

About

I am a girl, last time I checked. I love food, friends and family and sports that involve orange balls with lines with back boards. I'm arty and have a hate-hate relationship with math.
I live under a rock, don't have a phone and am down right crazy awesome.

I go to bed at 8 and like my sleep. ♥

Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching. - Randall G Leighton